Sunday, July 4, 2010

Keyword Checklist (Revisited)

I think the bottom-line highest-priority keyword categories are (a) generally staying relaxed and clear-minded and (b) softening and reorganizing my left hand movements.

Thus, as I practice now, I've begun to mentally cycle through the following series of keywords:

1. relax
2. breathe

and then for the left hand, thinking about "softness" (i.e. lack of tension), grip, and movement through space:

3. the Famoro pinch
4. back of hand
5. wrist
6. elbows, shoulders, & back
7. head & eyes

I bet behavioral psychology's work with professional-level athletes would have something to say about this list . . . Hey, Dad, what were the five categories of skill again? proprioceptive? level of excitation? . . . what else? In fact . . . I wonder what I might learn by taking a look at some of the keyword lists that the figure skaters have used (or indeed continue to use.)

No comments: